Thursday, February 16, 2012

How 6days fuel subsidy strike saved my 12yrs marriage..

...OluwaSubsidy
Oluwa is our subsidy indeed.  The strike has come and gone. For some it was a mission accomplished ; while for  some others it was a battle that was
fought and lost. Some have even opined that it was a wasted and futile effort indeed. Some lost their lives, some even felt betrayed.  What are battles for anyway; it has always been a win for some while others lose. I must not forget to mention too that for a good some; the strike was an opportunity to rest at home with their family members , not minding that it was orchestrated as a matter of compulsion.

As i was reading one of the columns in the Nations  newspaper, i came across the story of A pastor who shares  his story  of how the six days fuel subsidy strike  saved his twelve years marriage. I though it wil b nice  to share with you,  in- fact 'abeg' read on..
  Intro:
My wife and I have been married for twelve years and are blessed with three wonderful children. Over the years, my wife has developed a solid career for herself and I will like to describe myself as supportive. I have supported her in every way I possibly can. I love her dearly , so for her, it is easy to go the extra mile. When there is need for me to drop her at work even on a daily basis , I do not hesitate to do. I run a full time ministry so this makes my time very flexible. When she needs to write external exams I try to the best of my ability to ensure that the kids do not distract her in anyway and when she eventually passes such exam , everyone is happy. The reason is because her successes in such exams translates to her promotion at her work place. 

Fastforwad>Where trouble lies: Cont reading....

 But you see, my mother in- law, a wonderful woman no doubt, has stayed with us right from the first year of our marriage. Yes, its true. She has lived with us for eleven whole years. So , towards the end of last year, I called for a mini-meeting that involved myself, my wife and my mother in law. It was at that forum that I made my stand known to both my in-law and my wife as the aftermath of that meeting is better imagined. I told them that my reason was very simple, I wanted to enjoy a little privacy with my immediate family. I went further to commend my in -law for support throughout the eleven years she had stayed with us. I made her know that I bear her no grudge whatsoever. She reacted by packing her things and leaving first thing the following morning. My plea that I did not mean any harm nor meant for her to leave immediately was rebuffed. My wife felt I had unceremoniously thrown her mother out of our home. She threatened to divorce me thereafter. My house became a war zone. For days , my wife and I were not on speaking terms. I had to plead and plead that my decision was nothing personal and that all I wanted was privacy with my family *wink*. 
Seriously, I do appreciate my in- law but my mind was made up. So , I spent those trying  days trying to let  my wife see things from my point of view. The more I tried to woo her the more determined she was to end our marriage. After I had exhausted all I could to persuade her into staying; I then told her to leave. First she was shocked and then she burst into tears claiming that she was convinced that I had another wife in the offing! Imagine that. Me? A pastor? Another wife? The thought had never even crossed my mind. What just crossed my mind was that women; no one can ever completely understand them. My apologies to women though *wink*, but its true. My wife threatens to leave me, I plead and plead ; she says “no” that she is determined to end a twelve -year marriage , I now said leave , and she accuses me of keeping another woman? Hmm! Interestingly, it was in the middle of all this that, Organized Labor called for the strike protesting the fuel hike. I thank God Almighty for that strike because it compelled my wife, kids and I stay home.  My wife had enough time to talk and sought our differences. Both of us have come to the conclusion that our marriage is worth keeping. Thank you”

Can somebody shout Aleuuuuuujah...? Who said that Oluwa is not our subsidy?


Share your thoughts..

5 comments:

  1. @usaveone lol for Oluwasubsidy na sure ooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abeg the picture really made the story look subsidized hahahaha lol Usaveone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the story is true then she should thank GEJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujahhhh! Chineke bu subsidy mu.lwkmd

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Usaveone, this picture you uploaded is crazy funny. abi the woman wan turn water into fuel? Lwkmd

    ReplyDelete