Thursday, February 16, 2012

Terrible! SS3 student 'blow' pidgin english during state house of assembly probe

...Ebuks
It was a show of embarrassment and shame yesterday at the Oyo State House of Assembly when
an SSS3 student Master Allison Chukwuebuka, a.k.a Ebuka of United Senior Secondary School, Ijokodo, Ibadan, Oyo State, Southwest Nigeria, could not address the legislators in simple and correct English.
Ebuka was invited by the legislators to explain why he beat up his class teacher, Mr. Gbenga Ogunleye, a graduate of Ekiti State University for punishing him alongside other 19 students for indecent dressing.
The student was ushered into the Assembly chambers in the company of his father, Mr. Emmanuel Allison, an inspector with Nigeria Customs Service, and other three top officers of the service.
 When Ebuka was called upon by the Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Monsurat Sumonu to narrate what led to a clash between him and his teacher, Mr. Gbenga Ogunleye on Friday 27 January 2012.

*Gbagun* Immediately he started speaking in Pidgin English;“I get to school in the morning. The teacher see me with sandal. He say make I remove my trouser, I say no l can’t remove it before everybody. He double the cane, flog me, flog me and flog me. He flog me finish. He flog me until I fall for ground. He dey flog me. The cane too much. The wound too much. After, Vice Principal send me home make I go call my parent”.
This made the father felt embarrassed, put his face down and covered it with his palms as as the son explained the circumstances that led to his beating up his teacher. Most people present at the probe could not comprehend why an SS3 student could not speak good English, saying that there is enough evidence to show that Nigeria’s educational system has completely collapsed.
A woman was heard saying, “Did they say that boy will sit for WAEC this year? What will he write in the examination? Unfortunately, the state government has paid for his examination. I think the state government should stop paying WAEC examination fees on behalf of students. Anybody that can’t pay should not sit for the exam because they cannot be wasting money on unserious students.
“There are many things the government can use our money to do.” *coughs*

Ebuka's father a Nigeria Custom Officer was alleged to have led at least 10 of his custom colleagues into the school in three Customs’ vehicles, shooting indiscriminately while some custom men and Ebuka beat up the teacher.(Check our previous news on Almost killed for being a teacher).

 No doubt about the rot in the nations educational sector...Just share your thoughts...

4 comments:

  1. Frankly speaking what do you expect from the so called Nigerian officers children? I pity them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Usaveone i don't even expect much from him, may looking at his lips you will agree with me that 'igbo' has burnt his 'kpomo' lips. What a shame to him and his family. BTW Nigeria's educational sector need serious over hauling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you expect when our educational system has completely collapsed?

    ReplyDelete