Saturday, September 29, 2012

Kuburat, girl with cancer, cries out for help

Kubura Sofunde…before cancer struck and now
 Kubura Sofunde, a  Federal Polytechnic Ilaro graduate, suffering from chronic breast cancer, is now in critical state.  She has therefore taken it upon herself to personally appeal to Nigerians to do  more  to save  her life.
Breast cancer, especially when it is chronic, is
expensive to treat.  Kubura, whose father, a retired WAEC official, appreciates some sympathetic Nigerians who assisted with some  donations added to what had been spent on the problem so far, said the victim will have to commence another round of treatment.  Each injection weekly, her LUTH doctors said, will  cost about N33,000 and she has to be administered same indefinitely.
“Till date, over N500,000 has been spent on my treatment and I still require about  same amount to continue my treatment. As a matter of urgency, I  require  blood transfusion, another round of chemotherapy (one round cost N33,000 per week and I am scheduled to take six), surgical operation to remove the lump, a radiotherapy (down payment of N100,000 is required at LUTH) and subsequent medications.
“Apart from the pain, emotional and psychological depression I am experiencing currently emanating from the knowledge that my situation could become irredeemable if I do not act, the treatment requires a timely and decisiveness if I have to live. This boils down to my constraint, finance.
“I urgently seek the support and assistance of well-meaning Nigerians, NGOs’ and the relevant government agencies to come to my aid to enable me finance my cancer treatment.
“I noticed a lump on my left breast in 2009 during my compulsory one year industrial attachment program and immediately sought medical attention. It was discovered to be cancerous and, had since commenced treatment.
“During the course of my treatment, I have undergone one surgical operation and two sets of rounds of chemotherapy. All these I have been able to achieve through the help and support of my family and some well-meaning Nigerians who became aware of my situation through a publication in a national daily and decided to support.
“All avenues to continue my treatment have been exhausted. My retired civil servant dad’s savings has been drained on my treatment and the support coming from the members of the family is no more enough to cater to finance  my treatment.
“This is my story and I am calling on the good people of Nigeria to come to my aid and save a life of a once lively, energetic, ambitious young lady get back on her feet.”

Donations for her support can be forwarded to GTB, Anthony Village Branch, Lagos.
Account Name: Shofunde Ibrahim; Account Number: 0014148302; Phone no:08060237074

For more, please click on Kubura Sofunde

God bless us as we play our part....thanks!

2 comments:

  1. so funny.COUNTRY WITH OIL,its citizen is cries of help on just ordinary CANCER.hmmm.BLACK PEOPLE WITH BLACK BRAIN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. Nigeria is a case on its own. But i urge us to always find a way to assist those that needs our support maybe we can make life better. I wish we have a responsible government.
      Thanks!

      Delete