Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wickedness & injustice!!!! FRSC officials handcuffed, tied me to mast –Man

Jonathan, Ig, Chidoka please read....
Olayinka and Osita Chidoka
A Lagosian, Mr. Gbolahan Olayinka, has accused men of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Oshodi Unit, Lagos State, of tying him to a telecommunication mast and brutalising him.
Olayinka told
PUNCH Metro in Lagos on Tuesday that the incident occurred on October 24 at Oshodi where he had gone to buy fuel for his official car.
He said his offence, according to the officials, was that the way he parked obstructed other motorists.
Olayinka said he found the allegation curious because his car was not on the road and that the station manager asked him to park there.
According to him, one of the three FRSC men at the scene thereafter attempted to deflate his tyre but he tried to restrain him.
Olayinka said, “I went to Mobil Filling Station, Oshodi to buy fuel. Suddenly, one FRSC official made attempt to deflate my official car tyre.
“When I asked him why he was trying to do that, he said the side I parked my car was causing obstruction. I found it funny because it was untrue. Moreover, the filling station manager, who is a customer of our company, instructed my driver to park at the location.”
 He said other officers, who felt he was preventing their colleague from “doing his work” pounced on him and gave him the beating of his life.
Olayinka said, “After beating, kicking and slapping me, they whisked me away from the filling station to the FRSC station almost opposite.
“There, they handcuffed me and tied me to a telecommunication mast. At this place, other members came to kick and slap me at the stake.”
 He said they later took his mobile phone, adding that “thereafter, I was compelled to write a letter of apology to them as the only condition to release me.”
When contacted on the phone on Tuesday, Lagos State Sector Commander, FRSC, Mr. Nseobong Akpabio, told our correspondent that the matter had been reported to his office.
Akpabio said he had set up a committee to investigate the matter.
 “The man in question was in my office yesterday (Monday). Immediately, I set up a disciplinary committee to investigate the matter. After the investigation, we will make the outcome public,” the sector commander said.

-Punch
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This is sick to hear....even you FRSC...ehhhh?

 Share your thoughts....thanks!




3 comments:

  1. 160million NigeriansOctober 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM

    This is pathetic, in Nigeria wearing uniform means you've become a kingkong. Sorry for Nigeria and Nigerians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to conclusion that every aspect of Nigeria is completely failed. Nevertheless investigative panel will be set up and after that nothing happens. Shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no body knows the truth here.

    ReplyDelete