Tuesday, December 9, 2014

s.O.s: Help me! 31yr-old 'Olaide Nasir' with kidney problem cries out

Olaide Nasir
Olaide Nasir
That 31-year-old, police corporal, Olaide Nasir, looks emaciated is an understatement.
According to doctors handling his case at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, the young man, who is down with a kidney ailment, is just “hanging” onto life.
Before his current ordeal, Nasir’s duty post was the Special Investigation Bureau in Osun State Command. Indeed, a visit to the hospital showed that all is not well with the policeman. Our correspondent, who visited him on Monday, could count his rib bones as he lay helplessly in bed.
Nasir’s medical problems began when he was deployed for special duties on August 9, 2014, the day the Osun State governorship election was held in Osogbo, the state capital.
Nasir, whose voice was barely audible, said he collapsed while monitoring the election in Osogbo.
He said, “I was on patrol when I collapsed. All efforts to revive me failed. I almost lost my life because it was not easy getting me to the hospital that day. However, medics in the hospital later revived and discharged me.
“I collapsed again the day after and could no longer breathe. But I was revived at Jolayemi Hospital, Osogbo where the doctors diagnosed me of kidney problems.”
Since then, the police officer said he had been trying to raise funds for dialysis three times a week at the cost of N60,000. According to the pale-looking policeman, the likelihood of sponsoring the health challenge is very remote, considering that his monthly salary is N43,000.
In fact, due to the financial inadequacy, he has not been able to go for his regular three-dialysis session in a week. Truly, on one occasion, Nasir said he missed the dialysis session due to lack of N19,000, a development that almost cost his life.
The young man, who would have consummated his marriage this December, also lamented that his family and friends have expended all they have on his health.
He said, “My father has spent all he has to ensure that I survive this health challenge, but there is no money to continue with the treatment.
“They told me that I needed N7m to undergo kidney transplant in India, but I don’t have N7,000 now. I have become a beggar to survive. I beg to raise N60,000 every week to ensure that I undergo three sessions of dialysis. I do it three times a week and I pay more because I go to the Gani Fawehinmi Diagnostic Centre in Ondo for dialysis if there are too many patients at dialysis unit of LAUTECH.
“I was told that Nigerians would not help me because I am a policeman. God knows I am one of the good policemen in the country. I do not smoke. I do not drink any intoxicant. I do not know how I came about this. I need help.”
For him to undergo a kidney transplant in India, Nasir is calling on the Osun State Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, the Police hierarchy and well-meaning Nigerians to come to his aid with the funds.
Tired of his present predicament, Nasir cried out,” I pray God will kill me rather than go through such pain again. That is why I am appealing to the Inspector-General of Police, Governor Rauf Aregbesola and anybody who can help me. No amount is too small. I need help. I do not want to die.”
A consultant at LAUTTH, Dr. R. Oluyombo, confirmed the policeman’s financial constraint in a letter written to the IG on behalf of the patient.
The letter read in part, “The above named police officer is being treated at our hospital for chronic renal failure secondary to chronic glomerulonephritis.
“He has been on maintenance haemodialysis as one of the modalities of treatment for two months. He is to be on thrice-weekly haemodialysis. However, he has a serious financial constraint.”

The doctor said that Nasir needed N6, 927,000.00 for kidney transplant.
His account details are: Nasiru Olaide

First Bank, Ede, Osun State

Account no:3088327500.

Please lets help Olaide Nasir in whatever way we can....No amount is too small to donate! God bless!
For more on Olaide Nasir click  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment